As The Online Midwife I can offer antenatal and/or postnatal support to you, via zoom. Care involves “virtual visits” over a cuppa, where we can discuss your wishes, look at the relevant evidence, guidelines, and resources, and make an adaptable plan of care that’s right for you and your family. (Click here to read how that went for a recent client…)
If needed, I can be part of liaising with NHS staff to help achieve that plan. A full package means I am contactable 24 hours for you and your family, to help with any worries or concerns.
- Initial 15 min introduction online/phone chat – free (just to get a feel for your wishes and how I can support you)
- one-off/pay as you go online “virtual visits” lasting approx an hour – £65
- initial face-to-face consultation (often available in Cumbria/Lancashire) – £75
- bespoke package of care – designed for what you need, different flat rates. To help make care packages financially manageable, I always ask clients to suggest their own payment plan that fits their monthly budget.
Bespoke care packages might include:
- short term for breastfeeding support
- support for pregnancy and birth around a complex health issue
- a week of daily support straight after birth
- a full package of care: regular antenatal sessions throughout pregnancy, birth planning, NHS liasion, daily support post birth, postnatal support up to 6 weeks approx as needed
One-off sessions are often used to discuss a previous birth experience, maybe to understand it better (we can review your notes together, or just talk through what you remember) or to create a birth plan for the birth ahead.
Although I am currently working primarily online, some face-to-face visits/antenatal & postnatal care packages might be possible too, depending where you are in Cumbria/North Lancs.
What might we cover in our visits? Well, anything you wish – but here are some ideas…
Although I have been attending homebirths for many years, that is not currently possible, though I hope it will be again soon; more info here. If you would like to help independent midwives regain affordable birth indemnity cover, we would so appreciate it! In the meantime, if you are planning a hospital birth, I am on the staff bank at an NHS Trust and it may be possible to arrange to be at your planned section birth there, please ask. Just click on the “contact me” tab above to discuss any of the above options, I am quite flexible!